For some of us, preparing our men for the family photo session is as exhausting as preparing the kids. If your other half is happy-go lucky about photoshoot day then that’s excellent. However, If your dealing with someone who's reluctant, then here are some things you can do to help get them on board.
- Especially if this is your first session together with the family now that the kids are mobile, let him know how the session will go and discuss your expectations. Also, if you have to bride the kids, communicate this so he can help remind them of the bribery - its so good to have him on board so you can work as a team.
- Warn him that the kids will probably be crazy or freak out and that he should prepare himself for that. Let him know that Nicole has been photographing for over 11 years and there is nothing she won't have seen... It will all be fine, even if a little crazy and just try not to get overwhelmed or stressed.
- Let him know that the more helpful he is getting himself and the kids ready, organised and onboard then there will be less chance of an arguement between you arising.
- Remind him that the session is only for an hour (a few more if you have a newborn session) and then it will all be over. This will help his see light at the end of the tunnel so he can stick it out.
- If your husband is being difficult, bribe him to cooperate during the session as well.. If it works for the kids it may well work for him too (they are big kids after all)
- And most impostantly - remind him, that you love him (and that he loves you and that's why he is cooperating with this). Tell him how much you appreciate his support and cooperation in this, and how pleased you are going to be with the finished photos.
- Explain that this is such a special event for you - you are always the one taking the photos and you don't have any professional family photos.... This will be such a special event and the images you will treasure forever - If he knows how important it is he will be onboard.
Hope this helps
See you soon for your session - If you havent already scheduled your session then get in touch to secure your slot.