As a family photographer based in Larbert, Falkirk, I know that the Easter school holidays are a wonderful time for families to spend quality time together and make memories that will last a lifetime. With spring in full bloom, there are plenty of fun activities to enjoy outdoors, and as a photographer, I'm always on the lookout for the best photo opportunities to capture those precious moments. Here are some typical family activities to do during the Easter school holidays and the best photo opportunities that come with them.
- An Easter egg hunt is a classic family activity that's sure to bring lots of smiles and laughter. Whether you're hiding eggs in your back garden or at a local park, there are plenty of great photo opportunities to capture during the hunt. I recommend taking candid shots of your children's expressions as they search for eggs, as well as close-ups of their hands as they collect them. If you need more inspiration, grab my free printable Easter egg hunt HERE
- Spring is the perfect time to visit a farm and see all the adorable baby animals. Whether you're visiting a petting zoo or petting farm, there are lots of great photo opportunities to be had. GGT Pony partys have Easter Holiday Pony Club which looks amazing fun for the kiddies and adults alike.
- The Easter holidays are a great time to explore the great outdoors with your family. Whether you're going on a hike, exploring a local nature reserve, or just taking a walk around your neighbourhood, there are plenty of beautiful natural sights to capture. Try taking photos of your children collecting leaves, examining flowers, or walking along a stream. Make sure to take advantage of the natural light to get some stunning portrait shots as well.
- Craft activities are a fun way to get creative and spend some quality time indoors on a rainy day. Set up an Easter-themed craft station at home and let your children go wild. You can take photos of their creations, as well as candid shots of them engrossed in their work. Don't forget to take some close-ups of their hands as they create their masterpieces.
- Easter is a time for sweet treats, and what better way to celebrate than by baking together as a family? Whether you're making Easter-themed cupcakes or hot cross buns, there are plenty of great photo opportunities to be had. Try taking photos of your children measuring ingredients, stirring the batter, or decorating their creations. You can also take some fun family portraits with the finished treats as a delicious backdrop.
- Baby Easter crafting sessions are also available at The Suite with LovelyNess - sessions suitable for babies up to 1 years old - Book Online HERE
The Easter school holidays offer plenty of fun activities for families to enjoy together, and as a photographer, I'm always excited to capture those special moments. Don't forget to have fun and enjoy your time together as a family, and capture all the special memories - If you do have time off and want me to capture your families memories then get in touch to secure your slot..